NMCC - International Students
Are you looking for an American college which is located in a safe environment and offers you a real hands-on education at a low cost? Let Northern Maine Community College (NMCC) satisfy your needs! Northern Maine Community College is located in the heart of Aroostook County in Presque Isle, Maine, the county's largest city.
NMCC began educating students in 1963 and is one of the seven publicly supported colleges that make up the Maine Technical College System. Today, NMCC impacts over 2,000 students annually through its various programs. The college provides a learning atmosphere where hands-on is a way of life, not just a catch phrase. Classes are offered in a real world environment by faculty who have been there and care about the students they teach and the profession they love. Class sizes are purposefully kept small so you receive the individual attention you deserve.
NMCC currently offers 29 associate degree, diploma and certificate programs through Business Technology, Arts & Sciences, Nursing & Allied Health, and Trade and Technical Occupations departments. A wide range of credit and non-credit courses are also offered in the evening and during the summer term. Most programs are designed to give each student a specialized technical education with which to pursue a career field after graduation, although many students choose to continue their education at an institution offering a baccalaureate degree.

For more Information

Visa Information

Student visas are issued to persons who wish to enter the United States for a defined period to enroll in a specified program of study at a specific educational institution as a full-time student.

F-1 (Student Visa) is issued to those who study at English language schools, colleges or universities as full-time students. F-1 students may stay in the United States for the full length of their academic program plus 60 days.

M-1 (Vocational Student Visa) is issued to those who study at non-academic vocational schools or vocational programs of 2-year colleges. Recipients of an M-1 visa may not change fields of study. Switching from an M-1 visa to a F-1 visa is not permitted.

A student who will be accompanied by his/her dependents (spouse and
unmarried children under 21 years old) can apply for their F-2/M-2 visa at the time she/he submits his or her own visa application.

Students apply for visa to either the U.S. Embassy or the U.S. Consulate General depending on their registered residence.
The following documents are required for applying for a visa:

1. A valid passport
2. A 1-1/2 inch square photograph (37 mm x 37 mm) showing full face
against a light background
3. Official evidence of admission to an educational institution in the U.S. (i.e., I-20 A-B for F-1 visa or I-20 M-N for M-1 visa)
4. Evidence of financial support (in English)
5. A visa application form (OF-156)
6. The visa processing fee

Top! Top!